Milwaukee Dog Training Club’s (MDTC) will start a new beginner flyball class on Tuesday, September 27th 2016.This class is open to MDTC current andprospective members. Classes will be held from 8:00 – 9:00 p.m. on Tuesday nights. This class is limited to 10 dogs. Most dogs will be ready to advance to the intermediate level of training after about 3 – 5 months.
An Open House for flyball will be held on Tuesday, September 20th at 7:00 PM. Not sure what Flyball is all about? Come and watch us play. You will see that any breed or mix of dog can play Flyball. Please leave your dog at home for the open house.
Dogs wanting to join the beginner class MUST participate in the Testing Day on September 27th. They should be 10 months of age or older. They must be not be aggressive toward other dogs, and should be comfortable being handled by other handlers. They should have a fairly reliable sit, stay/wait, down and a good, reliable recall. Dogs with a strong toy drive (preferred) or food motivation are best suited for flyball.
Flyball is a sport for all dogs, as any breeds (including mixes) are welcome. Size simply doesn't matter, although small dogs are highly desired!
Pre-registration for testing is required.
Register via e-mail (email@example.com). Provide your name, dog’s name and your membership status. Bring small, extra-yummy treats (hot dog or cheese bits) and a super favorite toy with you to the test. Dogs should be on a six-foot leash and wearing a flat, regular collar.
Tuesday, September 27th Testing Day:
All flyball activities take place at our indoor training facility at 8:00 PM.
MDTC’s requirements to enroll a dog in a beginner flyball class are as follows:
• Dogs must be 10 months of age or older. There are no size or breed limitations.
• Dogs should have a fairly reliable sit, stay/wait, down.
• Dog should have a good, reliable recall and be able to work in distracting environments.
• Dog must be comfortable being handled and restrained by persons other than their own handler.
• Dogs must be non-aggressive towards humans and dogs. Flyball is a highly exciting and competitive sport. For the safety of your dog and ours, dogs with aggression issues will not be allowed in flyball classes.
• Dogs with a strong toy drive (preferred) or food motivation are best suited for Flyball is a sport for all dogs, as any breeds (including mixes) are welcome. Size simply doesn't matter, although small dogs are highly desired!